A clogged drain can cause extensive damage to your Wilmington home if the issue is not resolved right away.
Clogged drains usually don’t become clogged overnight. Generally, there is a gradual buildup in the pipes that first causes the water to drain slowly, and then eventually it can be clogged. Of course that isn’t always the case– some objects, when flushed or put down the drain, can clog the drain instantly.
Here are a few keys for avoiding a clogged drain:
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper down the toilet
- Do not flush any of the following products:
- Cigarette butts
- Feminine products
- Paper towels
- Cotton swabs or cotton balls
- Do not put any of the following items down the garbage disposal:
- Egg shells
- Rice or pasta (food items that expand with water)
- Potato peels
- Periodically run hot water for a minute after using the sink
- Have a professional take a look at any areas that are draining slowly right away
At the first sign of a clogged drain, do not hesitate to call us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Inc. – Leland. A clogged drain can cause extensive damage to your Wilmington, North Carolina home if the issue is not resolved right away. Some serious problems you may experience could include flooding due to backups in your home, damage to the pipes, or exposing your home and family to wastewater.
Our goal is to provide top-quality service, a professional attitude, and the best value for each of our customers. Your time is valuable to us, and each of our plumbing professionals is a trustworthy, hard worker, so we hope you’ll reach out to us when you are in need of help.