Water filter installation in your Wilmington home will provide you with safe and fresh-tasting water.
Filtering tap water has become more and more common. Although water is regulated by your local government and is considered safe for consumption, there are still minerals that can enter your water as a result of galvanized pipes. Water is tested in water treatment facilities, but homes that were built a long time ago may have aging pipes. Older pipes are made with different materials, some of which can start to come off with the water that passes through. So although the water may be safe when it leaves the facility, it can be quite unsafe by the time you’re actually drinking it.
Many people choose to have a water filter installation for the following reasons:
- Water that is filtered, generally tastes much better, since metals and minerals can be removed from the water.
- It has the following health benefits:
- Less exposure to lead that may be present in the water as a result of older pipes in a home
- Filters can also eliminate microscopic organisms that may be present.
- Hazardous chemicals can be filtered out of the water. Although the water may have low enough levels of many chemicals to be considered safe, accumulation of those chemicals from consumption can have negative health effects over time.
Water filter installation in your Wilmington, North Carolina home will provide you with safe and fresh-tasting water. At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Inc. – Leland, we can do a water filter installation for you when you’re ready to have one. You and your family drink so much water every day, you don’t want to put off having your water filtered. Let us know when you’re ready, and we can install a water filter for you right away.
Water Filter Installation in Leland, NC